We went to Malang area for 4 days and 4 nights on mid February. I went with my 2 boys, aged 5 and 15 mos, and my husband. Along with my friends and her fams too. (Should have been with 3 friends, but our beloved Uni is expecting her second princess, and safer to stay at Jakarta)
We manage the itinerary to be safe for kid and fun for all.
- arrival at abdurrahman saleh airport. Well, the baggage claim was quite long.
- Late lunch at restoran Melati at Hotel Tugu Malang.
- Mini tour at Hotel Tugu Malang, the architecture is amazing. The art and antiques collections are super amazing.
- Dont forget to take a lot of pic to be uploaded at your social media.
- Midnight: pickep up by our travel arrangements buddy, to proceed to penanjakan Seruni for Bromo Sunrise view
- Exploring Bromo, gn Batok, pasir berbisik, savanah (Teletubbies)
- Back to Malang with Hardtop.
- Afternoon to evening: easy lunch and dinner, we had to have proper rest. We would have 2 days at Batu ahead.
- Morning Swimming at hotel before breakfast
- Check out Malang hotel and proceed to Batu
- Directly to Jatimpark2. Our route was: eco green park, museum satwa and Batu Secret Zoo
- Exploring our guests house
- Agrotourism : Apple harvesting 😉
- Shopping for malang specialties snack
- Museum Angkut (open at 12). The collection is enormous.
- Back to guest house
- Batu Night Spectacular
- Packing, the trip will end on the morning..
Day 5 morning : back to Jakarta
For transport and accommodation, here is what we used:
- Jkt Soetta to Malang: sriwijaya air. Our initial trip was cancelled and rescheduled to be earlier.
- Malang tour with Elf and avanza. Elf provided by travelermalang (check his Instagram for detail contact)
- Transfer to hardtop at Tumpang, provided by travelermalang
- Transport to dinner spot Malang by uber (yess, there’s Uber in Malang)
- From Malang to Batu:elf and avanza.
- Day 4: avanza by Ira rent car and other.
- Back to Halim JKT by Citilink.
Bottom line: we had so much fun. And will comeback again.